Thursday, April 9, 2009

Because I am Woman and not Man

I had a wonderful “fix my flat tire” day yesterday. Because I am WOMAN and not MAN, I was told I could not fix my flat because my tread was too low per “standards, regulations,etc.” I was told to get new tires “All terrain would look really nice on your truck Mrs. Henry at a price of $1500.00,” he said. Well, I am sure they would look nice at that price, what wouldn’t. So I called Jeff. He said, “Tell them to fix the tire or put on your spare because you will go somewhere else.” Well, the manager came over and said we recommend you either put on your spare or buy a new tire because this cannot be fixed. I basically had to go down the street to Firestone so they take off my spare and fix my flat and then put it back on. He said they fix nail flats all the time. THAT’s ALL IT WAS?

Oh, it gets better. Then, he told me, “Your hubcap is missing, you’ll have to go back to Discount”. Horrified and they were already closed, I went back and asked for my Hubcap. The manager told me that the Hubcap won't fit on the spare? “Well sir, I went somewhere else and had my tire fixed and need the Hubcap put on.” We found the Hubcap in my tire compartment behind my seat? Who knew?

After an hour & fourty minutes I finally was headed home. The night ended very well, we went out to eat at Chili's for dinner. We had the new dessert SHOTS! Yummy, Cinnamin Roll was our favorite!

2 comments:

Jill said...

It is so true! Doesn't it irritate you sometimes? I will say I don't have to deal much with that, thanks to Kameron being in the car business.

Jerilynn said...

so so so wrong! I always walk into the oil change place and say...make me a list of anything above and beyond the oil change and I'll give it to my husband!